- Twenty-seven acres of large oaks located along a chenier ridge provide protected habitat for migratory songbirds.
- TOS members may visit Sabine Woods free of charge. For non-members, the fee is $10 per person per day. Payment is deposited in the donation box upon entry, or you can pay online using the QR code on the entry signs.
- There is very limited hard surface parking near the gate, with roadside parking farther along the highway. The gates must remain unobstructed.
- Walk-in access is available at all times through a pedestrian gap adjacent to the locked gate. There is no routine vehicle access, and the gate is only opened for maintenance activities or emergencies.
- There are no restricted hours, but no camping of any kind is allowed. No pets are permitted.
- Lat/Long Location: 29.69814, -93.94797
- CLICK HERE FOR GOOGLE MAP DIRECTIONS
Check out what birds and other fauna and flora have been seen at Sabine Woods Sanctuary by clicking on the links below:
Texas Ornithological Society
Welcome to the Amazing World of Texas Birds!
If you love birds, Texas is definitely the place for you! With eight different geographical regions to explore, each offering its own, unique wildlife environment; more than 660 species to be discovered; and a location adjacent to the tropical regions of Mexico and Central America, you never know what you might see when you grab your binoculars and head out!
Texas Ornithological Society is proud to promote the discovery, knowledge, observation and conservation of birds in Texas since 1953.