- Seventy-nine acres of Tamaulipan thornscrub and tidal slough provide protected habitat for migratory songbirds, shorebirds, and some south Texas species.
- TOS members may visit Magic Ridge free of charge.
- There are no restricted hours, but no camping of any kind is allowed. No pets are permitted.
- Lat/Long Location: 28.53392, -96.51646
- CLICK HERE FOR GOOGLE MAP DIRECTIONS
Check out what birds and other fauna and flora have been seen at Sabine Woods Sanctuary by clicking on the links below:
Texas Ornithological Society
Welcome to the Amazing World of Texas Birds!
If you love birds, Texas is definitely the place for you! With eight different geographical regions to explore, each offering its own, unique wildlife environment; more than 660 species to be discovered; and a location adjacent to the tropical regions of Mexico and Central America, you never know what you might see when you grab your binoculars and head out!
Texas Ornithological Society is proud to promote the discovery, knowledge, observation and conservation of birds in Texas since 1953.